Saturday 1 May 2010

Starring Greg Proops

I was thinking to myself the other day about Think the Unthinkable and which episode I'm most proud of (and avoiding thinking about which episode I'm ashamed of). Two or three sprang to mind - and one of them is on BBC7 and iPlayer at the moment here. It's an episode about an energy company that makes lots and lots of money and looks to good to be true. Because it is. I like to think I was one of the first to satirise notorious failed energy firms (although I hear the West End play on the subject is excellent (and stars the truly splendid Tom Goodman-Hill)).

It was a real kick recording this episode because we had secured the services of a comedian I had admired for many years - Greg Proops. I had grown up watching him excel on Who's Line is it Anyway? and we put a call in to secure him for the episode and I was thrilled when he agreed to do the show. Have a listen while it's still online...